Wednesday November 22, 2017November 22, 2017
Friday November 24, 2017November 24, 2017
Dear Father, we have much to be thankful for on this Thanksgiving Day.
- Life – We were given life. Father, You knew how rebellious each of us would be. You knew how we would live our lives as if we were our own gods. You knew how we would doubt Your character and falsely accuse You of being unfaithful to us. You knew how we would love other things more than You. However, You went ahead and created us anyway. Why? You loved us that much. You wanted to enjoy the unique and special person each one of us is. Thank You.
- Salvation – You rescued us from our rebellion. You knew we could not possibly work off our debt to You. It was impossible for us to pay the penalty for our rebellion. Somebody had to rescue us. You sent the only person who could pay the penalty for our rebellion and live to tell about it – Your Son, Jesus Christ. Thank You for the salvation You have brought into our lives through Him. Thank You.
- Provision – You give us the food we eat, the water we drink, the clothes on our back, and the roof we sleep under. You give us family and friends. You give us jobs and money to pay bills. You give us health and healing when we are sick or injured. You give us beautiful sunsets and refreshing walks on mountain trails. You give us so many things we take for granted. Thank You.
- Protection – We have no idea how many times You have intervened and protected us from harm. How many car accidents could of occurred but did not? How many times did You protect minor wounds from major infection? How many times did you keep us away from people who would have done us harm? Father, we complain that we don’t have the things we want. We complain we have troubles You didn’t keep from us. However, we have no idea how many times You have watched over us and kept us from trouble. Thank You.
- Deliverance – You have delivered us from crises. You have delivered us from problems. You have delivered us from situations where we felt trapped and powerless. You have delivered us from those who were mistreating us. Father, You are not only the God who provides and protects. You are also the God who liberates, setting us free from the chains of abuse, dysfunction, suffering, and despair. Thank You.
- Transformation – You have changed us. We are not the same people we were in the past. We have grown emotionally and spiritually. We have matured. We have new perspectives. We have wisdom. You have taught us lessons through the difficulties in our lives. Our characters have grown and we are becoming more like Your Son, Jesus Christ. You have engineered the changes our hearts so desperately needed. Thank You.
- Hope – You have given us hope for a better life. Father, because You are transforming us, we are becoming increasingly equipped, emotionally and spiritually, to handle whatever trials may come our way. We will be alright. We are becoming stronger. You will walk with us through whatever storms lie ahead. You also have given us hope for eternity. We will one day live in a land where there is no more pain, no more sorrow, and no more tears. Thank You.
Father, You are an amazing and wonderful God who is so good to us. Thank You.
West Chester, PA Retirement Home Fire
Dear Father, this is a Thanksgiving Day of tears for many associated with the Barclay Friends Senior Living Community in West Chester, PA. A devastating fire killed four residents and injured a dozen more. The facility provided a variety of care options, including nursing and rehab. Father, I ask for your blessings on those who were injured. Give them full physical and emotional healing. Help them recover from the trauma. I ask that Your love will flood into the lives of friends, family, and caregivers who grieve the loss of the four residents. May Your compassion also extend to the fire fighters and neighbors who did their noble best to save lives. May Your grace be on the management of the facility who face a difficult challenge to restore services for the vulnerable in the community. Father, write amazing stories of healing, recovery, and transformation in this crisis. Amen.